Spaceship Crash Change

     After lots of contemplation and working out logistics, I have decided to change the beginning of my film.  The opening scene in my original design included a spaceship that would crash into Earth.  Originally, I imagined this crash to be a stop motion section of the film.  The spaceship was going to be made from Legos. I thought it would be neat to build the spaceship and the Legos would allow me to have the spaceship slowly break apart piece by piece and one frame at a time. Also the viewer would see the crash from an outside perspective. This would then fade to me walking. I have decided that a stop animation at this point would be an aggressive plan.  It would require me to learn an animation program in addition to filming all the other parts.   

    So I have altered the plan.  I have instead opted to add a clip of the spaceship crashing into earth from a ground perspective. I feel this will add a greater weight to the concept of this crash.  Stylistically it will feel more congruent with the rest of the shots.  The stop animation is more like a cartoon and the live action shot will be more in line with the rest of the movie.

    In the future, a stop animation project would be really fun and I would like to learn a new program.  But for this project, the live action was the best choice to tell the story and to be similar to the other sections of the movie.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story Responses

Storyboard Practice